Pages

Wednesday 27 May 2015

INSECURITIES

Everyone has insecurities. Even the most beautiful women in the world have areas of their lives that they aren't a 100% comfortable about and confident in.
People deal with insecurity differently; there are people who make fun of themselves, some who wrap themselves in positivity and pretend, others who constantly seek the approval and validation of people and most of all those who cover it up so well that it becomes hard to spot.
         I cover mine up, I would do almost anything to have smaller arms. Lord! They are so huge *sad face*. I'm on the big side so it's somewhat of an expectation, however, my insecurity won't let me expose them. I couldn't wear a tank top/sleeveless no matter how good anyone says I look in them...No way! I would have to throw over a scarf and cover them.
Now that's how I protect myself from myself. Instead of looking over my shoulder every second to see who's watching, I cover up and move on till I work on it. I've also noticed that people with the worst kind of insecurity are often the first to point out a flaw(s) in others, they call people ugly without provocation and belittle the successes of others. In reality, these set of people are often marred with a strong case of inferiority complex to the point where, they use their money to win friends over because they are scared that no one would really like or accept them for who they are...this same set of people are good at talking about the past mistakes of others even when the person with the mistake have since moved on to being successful.
     I think we should learn to protect ourselves from such areas that possess the potential of ruining our self confidence and relationship with others. Let's face it, once your insecurity makes you bash other people in order to feel good about yourself, or being constantly bitter with a senseless lack of appreciation for anything, you will definitely lose the people around you with time.
            Work on making the insecurities go away because at the end of the day, nothing rocks more than SELF CONFIDENCE. Fact is, insecurities only make you needy, and not everyone desires to be around a needy person all the time...it's super exhausting, you constantly have to tell him/ her that they are okay.
Bottom line, take the time to work on your insecurities be they in your physical appearances, relationships, intellect, marriage, businesses, etc. Don't just fall in love with your strength and ignore your weaknesses..... WORK ON IT!!

1 comment:

Your comments will be appreciated. Thank you!