Pages

Thursday 5 September 2013

TRIBUTE TO DADDY; DR EDWARD UDO AKPABIO, MB,BS(Lond) ,OON

4 years ago today our lives changed forever, before this i only read about forever in books and heard forever after in movies i never really understood forever till you left us.
It still feels like yesterday cause its hard to think of my life without you in it. i find myself missing you so much, i wish i could talk to you, you were my hero, my rock, my everything. i break down in tears often and people ask "hasn't it been years, why are you still crying?" but they will never understand the bond you had with us.
I don't think i will ever learn how not to miss you everyday.

You lived your life with so much courage, quiet strength, honesty and integrity. Strength remains my favorite word today cause i saw it in you every time i looked at you. You fought a lot of diseases, three open heart surgeries, a partial stroke right in front of me. i would never forget that day i felt as if my whole world was coming to an end, even in the state that you were in with the left side of your body totally paralyzed your stubborness, strength and strong-willed din't allow you succumb to the paralysis instead you struggled to talk, asked for a paper and pen and asked me to write down every letter that you said, after an hour of us trying to understand what you asked me to write down it was the name of the medication you wanted us to get for you. Others would have been weakend but not my father. When i look back at your life i understand the meaning of grace, two months after you bounced back, no signs of paralysis you were back in the clinic saving lives, something you enjoyed doing next to taking care of your family. We had all we needed cause you worked hard to provide for us always and still managed to make sure that we were not spoilt brats, God forbid you sparing the rod, you disciplined us thoroughly. You instiled moral values in us, thought us to maintain our self dignity and always be content in whatever we had. You had this stern look on the outside but inside you were gentle, kind hearted, you had so much commpassion for your patients it worried you greatly if they did not recover fast, in everything you did you aimed for perfection i oftened thought you could have been anything you wanted cause you were a good engineer, businessman, farmer you were jack of all trades and you made sure we knew how to be good housekeepers, i hated doing farm work but being your child i had no choice, now i am grateful cause i would have never had known what i know today. Thank you daddy for being who you were if i had to choose you being my dad once more. Even if it meant loosing you again i would gladly say yes. The sadness still comes, but the joy in the memories is so dear and with me always are the wonderful memories. You now have three more grand-children and i see your strong willed characteristics in them. I could write about you endlessly cause i had an amazing childhood, from the love i saw in you everyday to the bedtime stories and lots more. i love you daddy, we all do. You live on thru us.
So today, dear Jesus, as you are listening in your home above, find our daddy and give him all my love and tell him that i miss him everyday and always will and that i am really proud that he was my father. Keep on resting in the bosom of our Lord Daddy.
You will never be forgotten
Your Daughter - Edwina-Ifiok Edward Akpabio
http://www.memorial2u.com/Edward_Udo_Akpabio%2C_MB%2C_BS_%28Lond.%29/id/218

13 comments:

  1. Mfonabasi Akpabio9/05/2013 3:49 pm

    This is so touching, I cried at the end! My uncle was a good man and I will never forget him,I always wanted to study Medicine and surgery because I admired him during his work. I love u sir,May ur soul rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. etima akpabio9/05/2013 3:52 pm

    Cont to rest in peace uncle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Edward Akpabio was indeed a hero in so many aspects... May he rest well with God.

    We all miss him, My father misses him a lot too especially now.... But God is here with all of Us that miss him... Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Dr Edward of blessed memory was a great man. This tribute brought me to tears. May God replace the pain of loosing him with sweet memories of him. Once again Uncle Adieu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Esitima Akpabio9/05/2013 6:48 pm

    He carefully supervised my mum to push me out into dis world and all the while he lived, he's been my doctor. Mum neva hesitate to take me to him whenever and wherever-home, office etc.and i can still rem. Him say to mum "Adiaha is it cough and catarrh again lolz...so many pple misses u, mum esp. She used to say ur pharm.is d only place she can comfortably buy all sort of medications from wtout fears.And yes d sight of u was d only ting dat made me tak my injection in quiet #laffingsohard#.. jus so many nice tings abt u, ur home was my 2nd home, u gave me my fav.cousins, ur family was d very first family i knew and bonded wt from cradle...continue to rest in peace dear uncle and may ur service to humanity speak for ur children and many of ur generations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ye man of Lion heart,Continue to rest in peace. We all miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fifi...I'm glad you have so many warm and precious memories to hold on to, and reading these warm tributes from people just gladdens my heart. I'm glad this great man gave me a dearly beloved friend and sister in you.
    He's resting in peace and living on through you. God bless him and your entire family. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  8. God be with You.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *Tears rolling down my check* Its good 2 know that they are men that can truly be called 'FATHER'...Winnie, I am glad u had the best father in the universe. Mine was nothing to right home about *sorry I had 2come out straight, I guess dis is a blog where we all have to be real and get real*..I never enjoyed my childhood, my dad would av been my best friend and hero. Cos could remember vividly while I was stil small, We were so fond of eachother. He always wanted me to study medicine when I grow up, cos he was always amazed at my brillancy & level of intelligent. But, it is rather unfortunate that his flirtous nature sail him away & made him forgot his family,responsibity, and duty as a father. I and my siblings depended soledly on mum. Thank God she was hard working enough to meet up with our numerous demands. Mum was both a father and a caring mother to us, even till date. She still makes sure I am fine @ all tyms and happy too. She has been supportive in all ways, God blessed me with her. I owe it all to God and mom alone. #EnoufSaid...Winnie, may dad's soul continue 2 rest in the bossom of the Almighty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lord is your strength, The bible says in joel 2:25 "And I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the crawling locust, and the consuming locust, and the cutting locust, my great army which I sent among you." What a strange woman took from your family, God will give you double in your husband. Trust in God its well.

      Delete

Your comments will be appreciated. Thank you!