Pages

Saturday 4 April 2015

PEOPLE PLEASER

The sweet freedom that comes when you finally learn to say no is amazing, not to talk of the shock. I know this because for years I was living to please people, I didn't want to hurt anyone or be disrespectful before I knew it I was losing myself.  I would go any length to make my friends happy, lend my ear, be that shoulder do the little I could be make sure that whoever was okay, till exhaustion set in I was literally tired of listening to every tom dick and harry...I felt drained especially when the person had nothing to worry about and was just being stupid or making a fuss over nothing. I started thinking of the number of people dying daily on account of boko haram in my country and here you are telling me how your life sucks. The worst part was when I tried telling my issues and they too would be brushed off as nothing. I was like "wait! who died and made you royalty?" I think that was the trigger for me.
I couldn't do it again, I matter too
      Friendship is an exchange, one person can't be at the receiving  end all the time, and think that no one else matters.
   There are people that I would still go to the end of the world for, but these are people who would do the same for me too.  I think this has only made me a better person and has increased my life span, cause now I belong to me I'm no longer losing myself in the service of others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be appreciated. Thank you!