Pages

Monday 3 November 2014

What's Friendship?

Something happened recently, okay so! here goes.... I reached out to one of my friends that I haven't seen in a while, better still I really haven't connected with her and I missed her. She said I hurt her, made her feel less important. I was shocked, not because of what she said I did. But because she kept it to herself for this long and never mentioned a word about it. We are humans, we all make mistakes even in our relationships.
  There are little things that we might overlook or take for granted that would mean the world to others.
I personally, tend to keep my feelings to myself. If there is one thing I learnt over the past few months, it is to TALK! tell the other person and get over with it. When you keep things bottled up it ends a beautiful friendship.
  So I ask, What is friendship all about? if we cant't tell one another "you really hurt me today" or " I don't like what you said or did" this could help the other person sit up.
There is a quote by Robert Brault that says "Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got" I don't think this should be applicable to people you love. Correct them, point it out, (they might not know), listen to their own side, whether it makes sense or not, after all no one is perfect and move on. I would rather get the apology there and then, than learn to accept the apology that I might never get because I didn't say something.
      Oh Well!!!! la vida continua.   

6 comments:

  1. Very true Edwina...life is too short to keep things that are unnecessary....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What if when you correct them or tell them they hurt you, they term you as being judgemental. What if they disregard your feelings cos to them you shudnt av been hurt over "such a lil thing". I think this is why most people keep their hurts to themselves. I, personally need to learn how to shut up, keep my feelings to myself and learn how to accept an apology i didnt get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear your right, Friendship should not only be one-sided and I believe as you have said if friends could really be truthful with one another by always accepting their faults and voicing out their grievances then the world would be a better place because there will be less envy, gossip and malice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very weary of people who bottle things up so much, they almost seem like they never get angry.those happy-go -lucky ones that smile all the time. The day they decide to lose their cool and speak their mind, Ohhh Only Jesus can save you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss the beautiful friendship too but you see, this communication thing is something we are all still getting better at......Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Communication is key.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments will be appreciated. Thank you!