Pages

Monday 14 September 2015

BURNT BRIDGES

 I got introduced to someone recently who needs my help to get stuff. In the midst of our ongoing communication I decided to look at her profile picture to put a face to the name, boom!! she turned out to be someone that I know.
          We go through life burning bridges, treating people badly, ignoring people, cutting people off because in our minds "they have nothing to offer", having zero tolerance for people instead of being patient and communicating properly.
I never thought in a million years that our paths would cross, this person is a public figure, someone who I used to admire a lot till I meet her, and she was extremely rude and mean to me. The memory of the things she said to me got stuck in my head and I lost all admiration for her that day. Fast-forward to 2015, I'm pretty sure that she has no idea who I am, to her I'm a stranger.
     
We need to use our God-given talents, wealth and position carefully especially when dealing with people we see as "strangers" we might never know who we will meet and need help from in this game called life. I am going to help her do everything, that she needs me to help her with, not because I can't say no but because I'm trying to be a better person, more forgiving, and also a better communicator. Some times people do things unintentionally not meaning to cause hurt and pain, and end up causing it. I have also learned that treating people kindly, with respect and diplomacy is way better than making them feel worthless and irrelevant.
                     "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." -Maya Angelou
      So when we make people feel worthless and irrelevant it gets stuck.
       So help me God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be appreciated. Thank you!