Pages

Thursday 17 September 2015

SEPTEMBER

I Joined a group of amazing women to do a September fitness challenge, It's running/walking. The plan is to track how many kilometres you walk/run daily and report to the group weekly, with pictorial evidence. The goal is to get 100km covered before the last day of the month and it comes with a medal also.
       I decided to join this challenge for personal reasons not because of the medal upon completion. I had to get my mind in a right place, it had gotten so messed up last month because of the regret, rejection, anger, shame and guilt I felt. One would think that in my late twenties I would be smarter but life didn't come with an instruction manual, and mistakes will always be a major part of living and growth. Starting this challenge was hard, before now I disliked running/walking, but I knew this was something that I had to do, so I managed to walk for 5km on the first day, and it was refreshing not only did I feel good, I felt the burden lifting.
       After the first day it only got better, let's just say that I am super proud of myself for joining this challenge, it has been therapeutic and I am walking/running for distance I never thought I could. The high I get every time I get back is amazing, it's way better than the feeling of any alcoholic drink (I know this because I drank a whole lot last month to feel better). Running just does something extraordinary to my heart and in a good way, this is something I would love to get addicted too. Another exciting thing happened I found a taekwondo studio on my street, before I found out that running/walking felt this good, martial arts was one of the loves of my life, I used to fight TKD way back and I can't wait to join and start again. It's going to be a good month.
          Edwina fixer votre couronne, vous êtes génial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be appreciated. Thank you!