Pages

Tuesday 7 January 2014

QUE SERA SERA

I have always yearned to have a bff, You know how people post photos of their friends on social network sites and caption there "my confidant or my bff". Someone who could see something and go "Ah! Edwina would love this. Over the years I have had countless friends but majority of them had these things in common; what can Edwina bring to the table? How long, till she is no longer useful to us? I would go to the end of the world for my friends, feel their pain! that's what friends are for, so I taught. But the ones I usually end up with are the ones that only hang around me during the good times and have good excuse to disappear when the going gets tough. :). Today I asked myself - who are my real friends??? And I came up with only one answer "my sisters." There are things you don't want to tell your sisters but tell a female friend. I have a few good friends *don't get me wrong** but they are already someone else's "BFF'S." Trust me! they are not ready to bring a new person into their inner circle (sounds like a cult, yes! that's how it should be! a cult, ...bond difficult for people on the outside to explain). I have  few AMAZING male friends, I call them my brothers, but there are things you can't talk to them about, ie; You can't tell them if you miss your period, or about a guy that you like, you can't even tell them about your favourite songs cause they will say it's too girly **don't know what they expect from a girl,lol** What they really care about is money, food, soccer and women (you could arrange them anyway you want). Meanwhile, there are times you need your girls around, have a pyjama party, laugh and cry together. I want to have these with real friends not fake ones.  It got really bad when I came to this country, everyone is sooo fake (well 99 percent), you can sense it from a mile. You have to learn  how to build this wall around you to survive out here*true story** All the same She is grateful because nothing just happens, Maybe, someday soon (I hope) the real friends will find me, Yes! they have to find me this time around cause and done searching.

                      Laters xoxo

1 comment:

  1. That Someone1/07/2014 9:13 pm

    Funny thing,my sister and I were just talking about how the city we live in has way too many fake/pretentious people.
    I've learnt to be my own best friend,not expecting anything from anyone so as not to get hurt/dissapointed.
    Family matters a lot but thay too is temporal especially when you have sisters who are gonna get married someday,raise families and be totally enveloped in the worries and troubles of family.
    Suffice to say,one is got to be SELF SUFFICIENT...if a Bff comes along?great! If not?greater!
    Ps someone is getting good with punctuations,nice!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments will be appreciated. Thank you!