Pages

Sunday 30 August 2015

PAIX

Iyanla Vanzant is my SHERO. She's a phenomenal woman, I can't believe I just got to know about her.  So for the past six days, I've watched every YouTube video of her, downloading the ones I can and drawing from her well of ceaseless knowledge. I've learnt so much in just six days that I already feel a certain kind of connection with her, needless to say it's weird.
     The things I've learnt about peace, forgiveness, self love and most of all, interrupting the patterns, are awesomely priceless. However, the greatest thing I've learnt in the six wonderful days is the rare ability to be at peace no matter the situation that life throws at me. On this strange journey of life, it is of utmost importance that we live in and at peace that supersedes human understanding; at peace knowing that we are not in charge, peace at disappointments even after giving our all and best, peace knowing that not everyone will accept and love us for who we are or the way we desire, peace through the struggle and peace when we are stuck between a rock and hard place.
       It is only when we are at peace with our broken pieces, irrespective of how ugly they may be, that everything begins to fall in place. Neither pretence nor denial of an existing unpleasant situation possesses the ability to make us feel better, it is being at peace with the memories and scars from such situations that opens the door for a healing process....the healing process that makes us wary not to repeat same mistake in a million other ways.  

3 comments:

  1. When that peace comes, we love everything about us more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece..until you heal the wounds in your past, You are going to bleed. You can bandage the hurts and pains with alcohol, Drugs, work, sex etc. But eventually It will ooze through and stain your life. You have to accept the pain. Make peace with it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments will be appreciated. Thank you!